Online learning and education
UiB is proud to offer Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) in partnership with Futurelearn. Join a UiB MOOC and learn through video lectures, podcasts, online exercises, group discussions, and more. We are committed to providing our high-quality education for free and we don’t charge anything for certificates or accredited MOOCs.
- Occupational Health in Developing Countries: Learn how occupational health can reduce illnesses or injuries caused by working conditions. Free.
- Causes of Climate Change: Understand the physical processes behind climate variations in the past, present and future. Free.
UiB partnered with Futurelearn in 2014. Futurelearn is owned by the British Open University, which has over 40 years of experience in distance and online education. FutureLearn partners with 99 institutions, organisations, and universities worldwide including the British Museum, the British Library, and the BBC.
Other Online Courses Taught in English
Please note that these online courses are not ‘open’ courses in the same way as our MOOCs. Click on each course to see the admission requirements.
- Natural Resources Management- GEO-SD660: Learn to manage a number of natural resources (water reservoirs, fisheries, animal herds, non-renewables and climate) and operate in product and quota markets.
- Introduction to Integrated Development Planning with the Threshold 21 Model Framework – GEO-SD640: Develop and experiment with a scaled down version of T21 for a virtual country (Zambaqui) in order to gain applicable understanding for an actual T21 country application.
- Chinese Introductory Course – KIN623: Receive basic training in modern Mandarin writing and speaking skills including pronunciation, vocabulary, and Chinese characters.
- Chinese Language 2 – KIN624: Expand your writing and speaking skills in modern Mandarin including increasing vocabulary, Chinese characters and grammar.